Loose-leaf tea is the best and it’s the best because it connects you to the process. It centers you and it gives you a pause. You’re able to see exactly what is in your pot, to smell it, see it and get excited to taste it. The process is quite simple.
- Bring freshly drawn filtered water to your desired temperature. Most teas require a temperatire of 175°- 212°F.
- In your chosen vessel or infuser, place 1 heaping teaspoon of loose leaf tea to 8 oz. of water. Be sure to use a vessel that will give your teas enough space to unfurl.
- Pour hot water directly onto the leaves and allow your tea to steep for the recommended time. Do not over-steep your tea.
- After tea has steeped, strain leaves or remove infuser.
- Add a light sweetener if you desire or to make a latte add a splash of steamed milk or milk substitute.
- Sip, savour and enjoy your Likkle Tea.
Most teas can be resteeped 2-3 times, so we recommend that you do so, increasing the steep time just a little but each time.
Leave a comment